Thursday, October 5, 2006




Here is my newest love. The Gatsby Girl from this fall's Interweave Knits! I love Gatsby like I loved Jo-Jo. It's a pure, true love. I haven't strayed from her since we started our little romance, but let me tell you the fruits have been tempting.............I have big, big plans for Gatsby. I do hope she serves me honorably! : )


This is my that little bird thingy is a link to my LYS. I can not figure this out right now. Sorry.
Anyhow, for October they are doing a Malabrigo knitalong. Not that you really need an excuse to knit with this. It is great yarn. It has been a while since I've done anything with it. I have it in my stash. Christina found this great pattern. I had the book. I'm totally into cables right now. This sweater is gorgeous. The color of my yarn is perfect for this. How could I possibly NOT do the knitalong? The name of the pattern is The Frost Jacket. It is from Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature book. Great book as well. I'm going to swatch this weekend. Maybe tomorrow???


Now, back to Gatsby. I love her. Oh you already know that. Well, she's coming along quite nicely. Quickly too. I'm about ten rows from starting the lace pattern on the back. The cables have really made it go alot faster than just plain work. I'm really enjoying doing them. They are fun! The yarn is Rowan Cashsoft. It's very lovely. Machine washable too. That's nice. Even though it will probably never meet the washer. I have a hard time washing handknit socks....a sweater? Nah. I plan on getting this done. I have other things awaiting.

I'm considering crafting a knitted boat at the moment. It has rained so much that my creek is overflowing our little bridge, the water is up on our gazebo, almost into the flowerbed by our house. I haven't seen the water this high in a very long time. Years. We don't live in a flood area, so that doesn't concern me. It just really reeks havoc on the yard and beds. I will take pictures in the morning if it is still bad. Or of the damage. It can really stop raining now.

2 comments:

susan said...

Don't even ask about the "little birdy thing" i'll get to it. LOL
It's late, very late.

~Tonia~ said...

LOL you are so fickle. Forst JoJo now Gatsby. LOL Damn blogger won't let me see the pictures - can you??? It is so iritating.

We have got the rain, but if we see flooding then we better have a boat ready since we are way up on the hill here.

Sorry I wasn't there on Monday night. James and I were sick and I didn't think that any of you would want it. I hope to be back soon. Kevin is of this coming Monday for his Birthday, so I kind of doubt that I will be able to come. Man I am having withdrawl. :)