Friday, October 20, 2006


Here is my Brioche coming along nicely. Thanks to Christina. Somehow she made it click. I've got it now. Look out! It's very fun to do once you get the hang of it. I'm contemplating another if I like the fit. I love the wool so much. It is a constant suprise.

This is my Great Aunt doing a mosaic tray, which was part of our trip. They broke plates and used the pieces to make picture frames, bird houses, trays, and trinket boxes. I opted to knit. Go figure.

This is my Mama.

This was just captured. My aunt who knits, in the sun by a window. : ) This one, she's a wise old owl.
There is nothing quite like quality family time. There were times my knitting was just lying in my lap. It was that kind of family time. The stories were the same ones I've heard a million times, but I always find myself hanging on every word. I love to hear them. I love to ask questions to get them going again. I'm always the one that wants to plan the next gathering before the one we're having even ends. I love my family.

The back of Gatsby is done. Now to do another just like it. Then sleeves. Having the back done is a good feeling. It didn't take to long. The pattern is simple once you get going. I love it still. I love how it feels. This yarn, Rowan Cashsoft, has a great drape and feel to it. It is delightfully soft. It is a great choice for next to your skin. Babies too! I can't wait to see this finished. I hope it is everything I'm expecting it to be.
Hubby has picked out a sweater and hat....all out of Contempory Knitting.....Jo Sharp! This makes me EXTREMELY happy!!! I can let go of my guilt now. He has finally picked something that I can knit and allow him to wear. He still demands a Dale, but will make an exception....this time. I'm glad that he wants to wear something I've made, but that kind of puts the pressure on. These both must be done completely by the end of November. I better go knit now.

No comments: