Thursday, October 12, 2006

Brioche Smrioche. I have frogged this about five times now. I'm not so much having trouble with the stitch pattern, actually that's not it at all. I have done everything that I know not to do! I've turned it inside out and knitted two rows, I've cast on and knit three inches and discover that ohhh it's twisted. Darn. I have forgotten the ridiculous purl at the end of the row. I have dropped yarn overs. YO I've done it all. I love it still though. My pretty Naturwolle looks like it had an encounter with electricity. Aye Aye Aye! I will master this and I will Brioche all over the place. You'll see.
I'm off to the lake in the morning. No internet. No civilization. Knitting is plentiful. Other knitters will be there. Lots of knitting going on. OOOHH I can't wait. Lots of knitting talk too! A gathering of my family, women only, on my Mom's side. Big fun. Lots of food. Maybe I'll share pics. Of our cabin too. I've neglected it lately. I'm rekindling my love for it. I do love it. I love what it means to me too.
No news from me until Monday. Sorry kids. All of the maybe five of you who read my mindless chatter.

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Have fun at the cabin. Yeah the brioche kicked my butt too. I need to practice the pattern before I start using the real yarn. Might be time to get out the galaway or something like that.