Thursday, September 21, 2006


More Farewells................

Sara and Molly

Donna, a.k.a. Glenda, the good witch. : )

Tonia, Leslie, and Sara sharing some last moments.


Sara, laughing hysterically.

It never ceases to amaze me how knitters gather. We are all like "the same". We have something in common. Even though it is a small something, it opens doors that may normally remained closed. I always love this about knitting when I see it happening.
We had a great time tonight. I think it was a swell send off.
I think I will elect myself as coordinator of Camp Maui. We must trek to Maui. Hey a Maui Trek Along. Christina, you will fly, and like it.

Sara, I sincerely wish you the best. I hope that you have an easy transition. I know that it must be difficult. All will be well for you, I'm sure. I will miss you very much. Thank you for all your encouragement in my beginnings with knitting. You have been very helpful.


Here is the recipe of "Gooey Butter Cakes" courtesy of Paula Deen

Cake:
1 18.25 oz. box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted


Filling:
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 16 oz. box confectioner's sugar
1 stick butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350`
Lightly frease a 13x9x2 in. pan.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cake mix, egg, and butter. Mix well. Pat into bottom of cake pan and set aside.
Still using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs and vanilla. Dump in confectioners' sugar and beat well. Reduce speed of mixer and slowly pour in butter. Mix well. Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Check the cooking time. You want the center to be a little gooey so don't bake past that point. Allow to cool before slicing.

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Great pictures!! We all had such a great time, but it is sad that we are loosing such a good friend and wise knitting source. Not that she is gone forever, but man she is going far away. I don't like to fly either, but think I can suck it up for a retreat. ;)