Wednesday, September 13, 2006


I must knit this........I'm being hounded by my husband to "finish" his sweater. This is his sweater.

Come on! Take a closer look. This is purely knitted shit. Sara I am sorry I wasted your time picking this back. You see, not only did I knit this far this crappy, I even went as far as starting the fair isle. I knitted away knowing it looked like crap, knowing I had already made many mistakes. Why did I just keep knitting like it was just perfect????? I haven't been able to make myself even look at it again until just now, the same time as you. It's a mockery of a lovely sweater. I'm glad that I have progressed somewhat to be able to call it bad knitting, very bad knitting, when it is.
Anyhow, let's get on with the story of this sweater. It's to be St. Moritz, Dale of Norway. You all know the one.
Harlot has mentioned it a time or two. I love it. I want to knit it right. I would like to finish it by December. I don't know if I can or not. I'm haunted by it. Hubby speaks of it way too often. The steeks creep up on me when I start thinking of it and I shudder at the thoughts. The Harlot suggests cocktails prior to the first cut. Preferrably a stiff one. Not too many though. She told me so herself. Maybe there could be a steek cutting party??? Maybe a steek recovery area? It's not the actual cutting that bothers me, it's the cutting of the exact measurement that scares me. Where to cut exactly. I think I will need some moral support on this one. May the force be with me. Or something like that.

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Steeking scares the crap out of me. You want me to "CUT" my knitting!!!??? Are you freaking kidding me??? LOL On James' fair isle sweater I decided to knit in the round until the arm holes, then split it into the front and back and knit each flat and join at the shoulders. Then I will add the sleeves. I just couldn't bring myself to steek it. I am still working on it, but that is another option.