Friday, September 15, 2006



ahhh peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! (way too much Sesame Street in my life) : ) I have been working on Jo baby and she is almost done. I'm on the collar. I'm slowed down by the change to a dk weight yarn, but there is progress. The collar has actually grown to a near 70 cm. Woo hoo! Only about 70 more to go. I will not knit the Ribbed Jacket twice. I'm very sick of ribbing. I just want to knit around and around for a moment please.

A friend and I went to Yellow Springs this weekend for "A Wool Gathering" fiber festival. I used to love Yellow Springs so. For some reason it didn't have the same sort of magic it used to have. Or maybe it has something to do with me being about twice the age I was then. The festival was just okay, it was geared more toward spinners. I don't have the strength for that yet. I'm enticed by it, but after I start thinking of the whole process of plying and all that, I say forget it. I will knit whatever is spun for me. Thank you very much. I did manange to snag some Seasilk and some sock yarn from Fleece Artist. I was happy with that. I've eyed the Seasilk for some time so I was glad to get to actually see it in person. The Storm Shawl by Fleece Artist will be my first lace project. I read somewhere that after two repeats you can do it from memory. That sounds easy enough to me. I'm thinking of getting it started next as mindless knitting. I'm still trying to force myself to begin Dale.....again :p

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Have you got that collar done yet? LOL Hopefully it will go faster for you. I soooo understand wanting something done and it seeming to take FOREVER.