Thursday, August 17, 2006

Blue Moon Fiberart
need I say more. Hello?
Where the hell have I
been? These girls know
socks. I got the new book
"Fair Isle on Blue Moon"
Two hanks lightweight
and four hanks of mediumweight.
On the left is 100%
Bamboo. I believe they
call it Habu? This wants
to be a "so yummy"
tank they had on
display. It is so "yummy"!
On the top are four hanks
Kidmo and one hank
of Rio, it is a silky, shiny,
thin weird like stuff.
That will all make the
Swirly wrap shawl. I
also bought some yarn
for two pairs of mittens
which will not be making
an appearance today.


Philosopher's wool. What
a sweet and lovely woman
Anne Bourgeois is in person.
I am obsessed, not really,
but I like their things for their
simplicity. I dig that. Their
wool is very "raw" in it's
finished product. It is an
acquired taste. I chose the
Mandala kit in the colorway
Fall. I will say there are
many items ahead of this.

My newest love, that remains
untouched. Koigu Oriental Jacket.
Ahhhh I want that is all
I could say, I told Sara
I have to think about it.
Let's see five minutes. O.K.
I'll take it. With No restraint
from others! Thanks for nothing!
: )
I love it, love it. I plan on it
appearing soon, really soon.
I can't wait to get my hands on it.
I don't know why I have grieved
over this purchase, it is
truly amazing when done.




















































Happy little bag I made

the night before leaving.

Full of Blue Moon sock yarn.

Happy, happy bag.

eight skeins of Koigu







Ozark Handspun
I am a yarn tease.....and a yarn whore.....and a yarn snob. I thought this had already been established. : )
Before my stash makes it's grand debut, I must comment on my thoughts of the market. I am a fairly new knitter, this was my first "market" experience of this size. All I could say when I walked through the doors "OH MY, OH MY!" I am in serious trouble. There was yarn everywhere, many very tempting yarns. I honestly did not know which direction to head first, so I just dove right in.
My first purchase, which I later questioned the validity of, was some Ozark homespun jazz that I like to describe as puffballs. This is what you see above. I was taken by it's wooliness and untamed strands. I hate scarves but it would make a nice one. I see it as decoration in my home, lying in a bowl.

I had so much fun soaking everything up. There were some very talented artists. Some very beautiful yarns. I bought a shawl pin from Moving Mud. Very unique blown glass. Beautiful buttons and pins. They do have a website, but I have no clue how to link yet. Sorry, I'm a dork.

I bought a few books, Traditional Gansey's by Beth Brown-Reinsle

Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman

I also bought "Knitting Nell" for my wee one.

I truly had a great weekend.

Off to Baltimore?

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Lovely Lovely Lovely Yarns!!!!

So what is your email so I can send you how to add a link..??..

mine is tonia at fuse . net
(of course without the spaces and a @ where the "at" is. LOL