Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Alrighty then!!!! I'm back from Stitches Midwest. I must say I had the most lovely time! Friday night myself and the girls from the yarn shop, Lambikin's Hideaway. Donna's daughter took us to Greektown to a great restaurant "Greek Islands". The food was delicious, the company was great, the train ride was well.....let's just say it derailed sometime early the very next morning. Imagine that?
Anywhoo most of my classes were just o.k. however my norwegian mitten class with Beth Brown-Reinsel was wonderful! I almost completed one mitten in class. This little mitten brings me much joy! Kudos to Beth for a great class! I would love to take more with her.
I also had classes with Edie Eckman. I didn't feel the love so much with these. Sorry Edie. I did learn a great way to seam, but that's about it. I wasn't feeling a connection with her at all. She is very nice. I just don't think her way of teaching was my way of learning.
I feel that these classes need to be rated in some way for beginner to advanced. I believe that would make selections of classes much easier. I think alot of my problem in Edie's classes was boredom. So better choices if I go next year.
I musn't fail to mention the highlight of the whole weekend...The Beatles Convention was being held at the hotel....oh my I lost track of the John's and Paul's that I saw in my first twenty minutes in the lobby. The Beatles were being played throughout the hotel as well as by the look alikes that were EVERYWHERE!!!!! I do mean everywhere. They had everything Beatles! It did make for good entertainment for Saturday night knitting. Unbelievable I'm telling you, you had to experience it.
O.K. already are you wishing I'd get to the good stuff? My lovely new stash enhancements!!!!
Be patient my pretties because you will have to come back for more. Hah!
My dog he lies dead.

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

You are such a yarn tease! *Snort* Guess I will have to wait, but I am NOT happu about it. ;)