Tuesday, January 16, 2007

How many times can I frog and reknit.....note to self.....next time when using a pattern translated to the English language, read it at least 25 times before beginning.
I have completely knit the front and back of this sweater, a few times now. I can not stand defeat. I finally have figured it out. That's the only reason I can bring myself to even think of speaking of my misfortunes. I knew 30 cm. into it the first time that it wasn't right. I do this to myself repeatedly. I just keep right on. Like I'm going to wake up and the knitting correction fairies will have made everything sugarcakes. What's up with that? I'm not always knitting impaired, just lately it seems. Maybe the knitting Gods think it is my turn for some kind of lessons or something. I've been good....I swatch, I gauge, I do my math. Why torment me?

3 comments:

brooke t. higgins said...

Hi Susan,
I got your comment and thought this would be the best way to get back to you. I work at Yarns & Fabrications in West Chester, OH. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog... I really enjoy hearing from people in the area. Happy knitting!
Brooke

susan said...

I think that is the only yarn shop in Ohio that I have not hunted down. Imagine that! Not really, there are still a few I have not managed to ramsack!

~Tonia~ said...

They torment you because you have too much Chunky Malabrigo and it is jelous of the hummingbird sweater. LOL

It is called you have a 2 year old and are trying to either knit as much as you can while she sleeps or while she is awake and distracting you.

So what sweater are you working on this time?

Where were you last night? Kelly and Mindy were both there and Jackie brought in her hubby's finished sweater. It was so pretty. I can't believe that she is done with it.

So did you enter the STR Sock Club?