Tuesday, August 11, 2009




So here I am...finally....again. I have horrible blogging habits. I'm sorry.
I've been thinking about what I'm going to do to be different from what I normally do after an event. So I'm thinking I'm only going to drizzle out bits at a time.
I would like to review the yarns as I knit with them. Most are new for me! Photo one is Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop. This is an absolute delight. A sock just magically flew off my needles. I could hardly lay it down. It's a superwash merino that is handspun. Just lovely. Photo two is Crown Mountain Farms fiber. We got a chance to chat with Klaus, the dyer, and we fell in love with his goodies! Big accident in that booth. The biggest actually. I wanted one of every color. It was tough. Go check them out!
The best part of any of these trips is getting to see "your peeps". People who think the same way, have the same love of your craft, people who "get you", and love that you're wearing your Queen of Beads with patent red leather shoes with your pants rolled up for all the world to see, people that tell you to just go ahead and buy it, seriously, because it may like become extinct or something, people that you can be your true self with. That is what I love the most about these trips.
I love that we never stop going from the time we get together. I love laughing pretty much every second. I love that we find humor in just about anything. I love every single second of every day. I feel so lucky to have been part of such an amazing event. I feel really blessed to have spent the time with the amazing teachers that I had in my classes. I don't think my feet have hardly touched the ground since I left Judith's room. My love for spinning has been set fire. What an amazing woman. I wish I could spend days with her.
Photo three...Socktopus...my BFF. Here for Sock Summit from clear across the pond. I just love that. Any time spent with her is guaranteed fun. See?

5 comments:

SockStar/CaroleNJ said...

miss you!

Marisol said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! I love that we got to spend time together and that I now have a pair of Ruby Slippers just like you:) They go wonderfully with our Brighton bags:)

Hey send me the 411 on those knitting bags from be sweet I think! I need to save some mula for one of those.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Please pretty please keep up the blogging Susan!! I'm so bummed we didn't get to have more time to catch up at Sock Summit!! So the blogging will help til camp next year!!

And I regret not seeing you knit that gorgeous Sock Hop sock...it may have convinced me to buy some!!! So glad you had a great time at SS!!

Unknown said...

miss you!!! I finished one sock of the Twinkies.. now for the second. Can't wait til Rhinebeck and our secret projects! :D

jmcmjoan said...

Sweetie! You can wear Queen of Beads with your pants rolled up and your shiny red shoes any time you like around me and you know it!
I'm so happy that you enjoyed yourself so much...and that your spinning has been set afire! I look forward to seeing the inspirations that were sparked at SS09. xxox