Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to me. What fun I've had. I think any birthday that leaves you smiling is always a good one. Not all have left me smiling you know.....I spent time with the ones dear to me, I ate lots of cake and ice cream and basically crap all weekend. Mmmm hot fudge. I love hot fudge. I got singing telegrams from little people. I got phone calls from knitters. I shopped. I knit. I saw Clifford the Big Red Dog. I chatted with hubby into the wee hours of the night. I just really enjoyed the day. Thanks to those who made it so nice! : )
I really need to get some issues fixed with pics on my computer.I promise to get pictures up this week. I still have no camera software. My laptop won't recognize my camera. Makes me crazy. I will travel to get them on a disc. Stay tuned. I must post pictures of my gift from Heather. It has a story behind it, but no time for all of that. Anyway, she got me these nesting chickens from Russia. They're handpainted little guys from a rooster, hen, egg, to a chick. They are so cute. I just love them. She also got me some travel bags to compress my "crap" so she would say for our trip to Europe. I must have a ticker for that.....Heather is a human ticker. She tells me daily how much longer we have. She's also hoarding things that are "just for Europe". Like clothing, shoes, purse. Just stuff. I must admit to some of this behavior myself. More in my knitting world though. She had to get me something that she considered practical, that's just Heather. All this talk makes me think about how many times in my life how the anticipation of something can be more exciting than the actual event. I dread for some things to come because I just want to keep looking forward to it. That makes me laugh.
It's late.
I have a date with Tivo.
Knit night's tomorrow.
Count me in.

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Yay for good birthdays!!

I think I might know a way to get your pictures off your camera. Call me and we can see if it will work.