Thursday, September 13, 2007

The shop will be closed on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the 15th, 16th, & 17th. Please come visit with us at The Wool Gathering at Young's Dairy Farm in Yellow Springs, Ohio. The hours are from 10-7 Saturday and 10-5 Sunday. There will be lots of goodies for all of those starving for some more fiber. This is really a fiber festival! Come have some fun and hang out with some of the knitters from the shop!
Response to Knit Night at the Ball and Skein has just been remarkable! What an excellent group of knitters! And oh what fun we have! We have more knitters than room! The joke this week was busting down some walls next week. Seriously, something will have to give. No one really seems to mind, we just keep piling on top of each other. It's cozy. I so look forward to Tuesday nights.
I'm real excited about some things that are ordered for the shop. Arriving in the next week the new shipment of Fleece Artist. Hopefully by the end of next week. Coming within the next two weeks is O-Wool. A true organic yarn that is like cream in your hands. Just lovely. Can't wait to get this on the shelf! I believe it could become a permanent resident. This is just lovely. A great worsted weight yarn. Excellent stitch definition.
In the sock department I'm now offering Ewe3 Sock Yarn. This is locally dyed by a friend and fellow knitter. The colors are absolutely delicious. The names are related to her home town. Just think "We Are Marshall!". What fun! You will be able to see this yarn this weekend at the festival......along with the other great sock yarn that is coming to the shop.....Knitted to a "T" by another friend and knitter! The first skeins she brought in for me to look at flew out the door. They were scarfed up as soon as I dropped them in the bowl. Seriously. Snatch. Snatch. Tonia does a great bamboo blend that I adore. Her colors are amazing. You all really need to come check out these brand new yarns! They are great additions to any sock stash.....speaking of sock I have been having my own little personal "Socktoberfest" going on. I have been making socks to take to Germany which happens next Friday. I don't think I'll make the goal of 9, though maybe 5. We'll see. I can't stop doing the Bullion Stitch long enough to think about knitting socks. Did you catch that? I have been doing that hook thing. Thanks alot Dana! I've also been doing the lace thing.. thanks Donna. Ms. Firestarter herself wearing her Forest Canopy around like it's no big deal, stirring up the pot, spreading the lace bug. It's spreading to I got it, now Jenny's got it . Who's next Teresa 1, 2, or 3? Hey Susan, next time you come bring some knitting with you! : )
Oh yes....I must add. Did I tell about the wonderful spell of karma I have going on. So what are the odds....I contact Wollmeise trying to get some yarn. She lets me know that during the time I will be in Munich there is a huge textile market going on. Like on the grounds of the Benedictine Monks. Hello just this fact has me all flipping out. Just messed up. Wollmeise will be there with all her goods! So will everyone else that is anybody. We're talking like several different countries..Belgium, Hungary, Denmark, Austria, just all over Europe will be in this one place for this one day. Which happens to be the Sunday after I arrive. So Sunday morning we will be taking the train to Benediktbeuren for a fabulous day of wool, jewelry, clothes, shoes, bags, fabrics, etc. I absolutely can't wait for that Sunday morning. I'm so excited. I am going to be one happy camper. Can someone pinch me please?

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Bringing you the yarn tomorrow morning. I will need to set my alarm to get my butt out of bed though. ;) Sell all the yarn... I can dye more. :)

Have a great time in Germany and make tons of contacts at the fiber market.

Teresa said...

Susan...I really enjoyed your shop and sittin' and knittin' with the Ball 'n Skein gurls! Thanks for making both Susan and I feel so welcome!

Hope the Wool Gathering is good for you...not sure if I'm going to make it there but if I do I plan to stop and say "Hi!".

Susan said...

Is there room in your suitcase for me? I promise to bring my knitting!